Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Fresh Start

Well, I don't know how many people actually read my blog, however, I feel the need to update and inform everyone on my new and improved lifestyle!

So to start, the JCPenney salon girls are having a Biggest Loser contest and I joined! It started about 3 or 4 weeks ago and goes until the end of February. This was exactly the motivation that I needed to get healthier. I didn't really think I had a shot at winning but I have wanted so badly to get in better shape. So I have dramatically changed my eating habits and I exercise every day...which is HUGE for me! I usually give up after about a week of working out, but I have kept at it faithfully for the last month or so. I already feel so much better about myself and I can feel my body getting smaller and stronger. I have been doing the P90X workouts and oh man they are amazing! The first couple workouts I did were killer but I am getting better at them. I love how they challenge me and mix things up every morning. It's been tough to get up every day before work, but once I do I feel sooooo much better! I love how I am feeling right now.

Next up, I have been inspired by the people in my dad's ward. I have been attending his student ward in Rexburg since I am off track and I didn't really want to go to the single's ward or our home ward by myself. I have been absolutely loving it. I can not believe how strong the people in the ward are. I absolutely love going to church and I actually pay attention and get something out of the lessons. Well, anyways, last night was FHE and there were two groups that came to the house. I can't even describe how amazing these people are. They are so welcoming and funny and outgoing, I love it. Anyway, I was told all growing up that the type of person I am will determine the type of person I will marry (or something to that effect). For some reason, last night and the lessons in church on Sunday really got me thinking about how I need to be better at a lot of things. I want to be better at studying, not just skimming, my scriptures. Also, I am not faithful at saying my prayers twice a day. Sometimes I don't even get one in. BUT, I'm changing. I want to be worthy of someone who does these things and is always growing as a person spiritually, mentally, and physically. I decided to do something about these thoughts and act on the inspiration I received last night while I studied my scriptures. I went to Wal-Mart/Target and bought 3 new journals and a dry-erase board. I am going to hang up the board and make a checklist of things I need to do daily. I got a dry-erase board so every single day I can re-check what I do. (It's quite the list I will say) I actually have purposes for each journal too! One is a fresh new regular journal. I hate writing in my old journal because I was so unfaithful that there are entries from 2000, it just depresses me that I didn't keep up so I'm starting fresh! The second journal is a gratitude journal, it's adorable, and I can't wait to use it! I'm going to write 3 things I am grateful for every day. I'm starting out small with just 3 so I don't get overwhelmed, even though there are PLENTY more things I am grateful for each day. Then last but not least, the third journal is my food journal. I am going to keep a daily record of everything I eat so I can always refer back and improve on my eating habits. Like I said, I have already made drastic changes but I still have major room for improvement.

Moving on. Like I said I totally love my dad's ward, but he had to give me a talk about the best way to act around the students since I am the Bishop's daughter. He told me to be very outgoing with them, in other words I have to majorly get out of my comfort zone. He also told me to not just blurt out that I am the Bishop's daughter, so as not to freak them out. He told me lots more, but I'll get to the point. I put all of this into practice on Sunday and I couldn't believe the difference. I had prayed for help in being confident and I was extremely blessed. I was able to talk to so many different people and make conversation and really learn their names, not just ask for it then forget it 5 seconds later. I really made friends because of my own efforts, not just because I'm the Bishop's daughter.

So here are my new resolutions in a nutshell:
1. Keep my room clean. It took me forever to get it cleaned after I moved home and I want it
to stay that way.
2. Study my scriptures every day.
3. Work-out every day...except Sunday of course :)
4. Put things in my body that will benefit me.
5. Limit my time on Facebook. I waste a lot of hours.
6. Say two prayers every day.
7. Write in my 3 journals every day.
8. Be more outgoing and confident. Confident, not cocky.
9. Be more honest.
10. Stop gossiping. This is a big one for me. I admit that I have always struggled with this.

I think that's everything! I'll update how my resolutions are coming.

1 comment:

  1. Just reading your blog has gotten me motivated. Maybe I'll go exercise now. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete