Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Stayin Strong!

Okay so it's been TWO whole weeks since I set all of my goals. I am happy to say that I have actually stayed strong! I was a little nervous about keeping up with everything but somehow I was so motivated that I just couldn't NOT do it. I have faithfully written in two of my journals every day (okay okay so I missed a couple days with my food journal, but the gratitude and regular journal have entries from every day!) I have said my two prayers every day. I have exercised every day, that in itself is an accomplishment. Thanks Tony for your amazing workouts. The scripture study has also been a lot better than expected. There have been a couple days that I haven't had the energy to study as much as other days, but I have always at least read something.

So, here are some of the feelings I have had these last two weeks. I feel so much closer to my Heavenly Father. I don't feel ashamed to talk to him anymore and I really feel like I can go to him whenever I need guidance. I have been so much happier. I can't express how much these things have affected me. I feel happier with myself, and I want to continue being positive with everything. Also, I feel healthier. I'm amazed at how different my body feels. Even though I'm not a size 2 and I still have a ways to go, I feel better. It doesn't matter to me anymore what size I am, I just want to feel like I'm healthy, and I do! I just love it.

Now on to some other news in my life lately. Last Friday, my cousin was driving from Idaho Falls to Rexburg and hit a moose on the freeway. It took his life. Tragic. Heartbreaking. So many things have gone through my head and I have cried more than I have in a long time. I hurt most for his little wife and his mom, my mom's sister. He was only married for a year. I can't imagine how she feels. I also hurt so much for my big brother, Jason. He was so close to Derek. They were best friends. It hurts me so much to see others hurt. Of course this was unexpected and there was nothing that could have stopped it from happening. I miss him so much already but it makes things easier to know that this isn't the end. Our family and everyone that knew him will see him again.

Other news, I have made a big decision.........I'm changing my major! This has been quite a challenge for me to decide. I was SO convinced that I wouldn't ever change my major but I realized that I'm not happy. I have tried to tell myself that this major was perfect for me and I was so content, but I wasn't letting myself see the truth. I don't want to do it anymore. I have no goals anymore, because I definitely don't want to work in retail my whole life, which is what my initial plan with business was. So here's the new plan: I'm going to be a teacher. I am going to teach Family and Consumer Science, aka sewing, cooking, budgeting, etc. Now, I'm aware that many people think this means that I'm studying to be a mom and I admit there are girls that DO study this just to be a mother. However, I am not one of them. I really want to teach, and sewing is something I love to do. I really feel like I'm going to be a lot happier. I'm already so excited! It's going to be a major change but I'm ready for it.

5 comments:

  1. Way to go with keeping all of your goals! Jeremiah and Kari also noticed that you had lost weight and are looking good! Way to go! I think that you will make a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who on earth am I supposed to hang out with at the Accounting lab?
    Can we still be friends?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Angie! I'm glad to hear it's paying off :)

    Becky! I'm so sorry I'm changing, it breaks my heart we won't hang out in the accounting lab anymore...well not the accounting lab part but you know what I mean haha. WE BETTER STILL BE FRIENDS! I don't think I can survive Rexburg without you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace you are an amazing person! I am lucky to call you my friend. That is so heartbreaking about your cousin, I feel so sad for his wife. I hope all is well with your family, I will keep you and your cousin's family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candace! I just have to say you are increadable! and inspiering. I'm so sad your changing majors but I know you would be great at whatever. We still need to all get together and have sleepovers and becky can bring her perfect man game, you know the one? Hey my phone totally broke like a million years ago my new number is 801-404-3097. Love ya and hope your break is going great :)

    ReplyDelete