Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Motivation

This will be a quick entry, but I am happy to say that the Biggest Loser is officially over! I didn't win, but it's okay, I still lost weight and two sizes! Yay! I've been looking back at some old pictures of me and I didn't realize how big of a change I've made, physically and emotionally. (I'd show my before and after pictures...but that might be a little inappropriate haha) I was thinking about how I felt in each of the pictures compared to how I feel now and that is a huge difference. I used to feel so tired and lazy all the time but now I feel so much more energized and happy! I love it!

So I was very nervous that once the competition ended I would give up since I had nothing to look forward to. I let that happen on Saturday. I didn't work out, I ate terribly and I hated how I felt. That one day reminded me of why I was really doing the competition and it was to make me feel better. As much as I was mad at myself on Saturday for what I did and didn't do, it was good to remind myself of my actual goals and that I don't need a competition to stay healthy, I just need to remember how I want to feel about myself. So, I'm back on track. I've been working out and back to healthy eating habits again and I feel great! It's awesome to know that I can still be motivated without money in the back of my head. My ultimate prize is accomplishing something I didn't think I could.

Just to add a little extra for the post here is a picture from the first week of Biggest Loser...
 
At the beginning of Biggest Loser, I joked that this was the closest I could get to fries for 8 weeks, BUT I think I'm still gonna keep a pretty good distance from them. Just to be safe :) 

Oh! p.s. I just want to say thank you to everyone who helped keep me motivated and encouraged through this whole process! I hope I have helped all of you as much as you have helped me.

4 comments:

  1. Candace,
    You're so inspirational! I can never get motivated to work out.. But my roommates and I are starting the whole p90x thing, so hopefully I can be as motivated as you are! yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurel!

    It's so good to hear from ya! I TOTALLY know about getting motivated, I never used to be able to! Good luck with the p90x program, it's so awesome and addicting! If you ever need encouragement, just let me know and I will be happy to give! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace,
    I just have to say that you are awesome and you look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jenna!! That's so nice!

    ReplyDelete